In response to the purported suspension of Ijumu Executive Council Chairman by the Ijumu Caretaker APC Chairman, Secretary,Women Leader and Youth Leader on whom vote of no confidence was passed upon recently. We the Forum of Local and Ward Caretaker Executives hereby condemned the act based on the following facts.
- That four (4) caretaker Executives cannot make a decision binding on the twenty-seven (27) Local Government Executives and fifteen (15) ward Chairmen, who are automatic members of the Local Executive Commitee.
4/27 (local government executives) and 0/15 (ward chairman) respectively cannot form a quorum.
- According to article 21 of the APC party constitution, subsection (6vi) (a): The Ward Executives Council shall be the adjudicatory body over complaints and (or) allegations from the polling unit level. In the same vein,Under the same subsection (bvi) (c): The state Executive Council shall be the adjudicatory body of first instance over complaints and (or) allegations from the Local Government Area. On this note, No group of Local Government Executives holds the right to suspend any party member from the Local Government level as their right is limited to reports from ward level.
- That the Local Government is an independent body to the organs of the party. Therefore, The Local Government Executives cannot ask him questions on how he runs the Local Government Council.
- That the signatories to the purported suspension are major beneficiaries of Hon. Taufiq Isa’s administration/ benevolence and the good work he has been doing. That the purported suspension by the factional group amounts to biting the fingers that feed them.
- That we the Forum of Caretaker Local Government Executives and Ward Executives therefore,passes a VOTE OF CONFIDENCE on Hon. Taufiq Isa and declared him Leader of the Party in Ijumu Local Government. That we are pleased with his leadership style.
We therefore implore all party faithfuls to maintain and go about there normal activities as the announcement/fabrication is of no effect and a calculated attempt to destabilize the party in Ijumu Local Government Area. The purported suspension only exist in the imagination of the people who made the fabrication as it was issued based ulterior motive and reasons best known to them.